October is the perfect time to hike or bike our many trails, go apple picking, stroll through the Thursday Farmer’s Market in Clark Park, take a leaf-peeping drive around Lake Winnipesaukee, or just gather around the fire pit on our outdoor patios and watch the constellations appear. If you are looking for something a little different to add to your outdoor activities, here are five October events in and around Wolfeboro that caught our eye:
- Distillery After Dark, October 4, 6 pm – 8 pm —An after-hours tour and tasting at Tamworth Distilling. Learn all about the scratch-made distillation process, tour this wonderful craft spirits distillery, and end the night with a cocktail demonstration! Learn more
- Haunted History Trolley Tours, Thursday nights, 7 pm — Join Maude Taylor, a “spirit” from the 1800s (portrayed by Kathy Fairman Eaton) as she shares stories from Wolfeboro’s past on Molly the Trolley’s Haunted History trolley tour. Limited tickets available for 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24 and 10/31. $25 pp. Call 603-986-6411 for reservations.
- Sandwich Fair, Oct. 12-14 — The Sandwich Fair in nearby Sandwich, NH has been held every Columbus Day weekend since 1910. It is a classic, New England agricultural fair that remains very true to its roots 109 years ago. Learn more
- Castle After Hours, Oct. 10 & 24 — Enjoy a rare opportunity to explore Castle in the Clouds, the 1914 Lucknow mansion in nearby Moultonborough, in the evening. The ambiance and glow of the historic lighting in each room adds a new perspective to what life was like at Lucknow. Admission includes one drink ticket and complimentary crudités. Learn more
- M/S Mount Washington Leaf-Peeping Tours (Available through Oct. 26, Monday-Saturday) — See the leaves from the water! Enjoy spectacular views of the autumn countryside from the deck of M/S Mount Washington as it travels the waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on a scenic, 2.5 hour cruise. Learn more
Our own Octoberfest Barn Dinner is sold out, but we will be adding a few more fall events to the schedule! Sign up for our mailing list for the latest updates!