The Wolfeboro area blossoms in May and June as lake waters warm, tree leaves unfurl, flowers bloom and summer residents begin to return to town. Museums and attractions re-open and calendars of events fill up with festivals, athletic events, outdoor markets and more. Here are a few highlights that we have marked for the weeks ahead:
- May 18: M/S Mt. Washington resumes service: 2 1/2 hr. scenic cruise around Lake Winnipesaukee; picks up Saturdays in Wolfeboro until summer schedule begins June 22
- May 18: Second Annual Wolfeboro Open House — A day-long celebration featuring open houses at downtown shops, a canoe and kayak race, fishing derby, craft fair at the Wolfeboro Historical Society and more.
- May 23: Wolfeboro Area Farmers’ Market opens — 12:30-4:30 pm at Clark Park, 233 South Main St. in Wolfeboro
- May 25: Wolfeboro Art Walk — Wolfeboro’s galleries showcase exhibits, serve wine and refreshments and office live music and demonstrations from 5:00 – 7:30 pm. This event runs on the last Saturday of every month from May to September.
- May 25: The Millie B begins offering 45 minute guided tours of Lake Winnipsaukee for the season. The Millie B is a wooden Hacker-Craft boat operated by the New Hampshire Boat Museum.
- May 25: Castle in the Clouds opens; hiking trails are open year-round but the mansion/museum reopens to visitors Memorial Day weekend
- June 8: Comedy Night Fundraiser to Support The Wright Museum of World War II — Held across the street from the Inn at Brewster Academy, doors open at 7 pm for a slight auction before an 8 pm comedy show featuring Steve Guilmette, Rob Steen and headliner Tom Hayes. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- June 14: Moonlight Madness is the annual shopping and entertainment extravaganza sponsored by the Wolfeboro Chamber of Commerce. This year, it will be held from 5 pm to 9pm.
- June 29: The New Hampshire Boat Museum re-opens after an interior renovation.
Here at Pickering House Inn, we are offering a full calendar of spring and summer dining events — including a smaller Cooking Demonstration Dinners in the spring, Innkeeper’s Suppers in The Barn at Pickering House on spring and summer Saturdays, special Spirits Tasting dinners and more. Be sure to click the button below to see the full schedule: