Nothing beats October in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Sunny days bring crystal clear blue skies and sparkling lake waters. Nights are perfect for hanging out around a fire pit and picking out constellations. And then there are our legendary leaves. Our mountains and byways erupt into blazing color that reflects in the water that is all around us. Truth be told, this is our favorite season in Wolfeboro.
If you are planning to come to the area in October, here are five fun things to do in Wolfeboro and our surround areas while you are here:
- Fall Foliage Drive — Leaf peep and check out all the towns and byways around Lake Winnipesaukee. Yankee Magazine charted a great route back in 2014 that we still enjoy. Get the details on their website
- Castle in the Clouds Pumpkin Walk (October 12; 5:30-7:30 pm) — Pickering House Inn co-sponsored this fun event! Castle in the Clouds teamed up with the Moultonborough Recreation Department and the Lakes Region Conservation Trust to create a self-guided evening walk illuminated by jack o’lanterns. Get the details on their website
- Farm Stands and Pick Your Own — What would fall be without freshly picked apples, pumpkins and, of course, cider donuts? Wolfeboro’s DeVylder Farm is a great stop to pick up seasonal favorites.
- See the leaves from up high — Climb Abenaki Tower, an 80′ tower overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee and the Ossipee Mountains in nearby Tuftonboro. The view is incredible.
- See the leaves from the water (Available through October 28, Monday-Saturday) — Enjoy spectacular views of the autumn countryside from the deck of the M/S Mount Washington as it travels the waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on a scenic, 2.5 hour cruise. Learn more